2012 John Deere 855D
2012 JD GATOR XUV 855D 4X4, CAB HEAT, BUCKET SEATS, RADIO, POWER LIFT BOX.
XUV 855D: Diesel power, durability and toughness.
Capability VS A Day's Work
- Biggest cargo box in its class, with 16.4 cubic feel of capacity, 20 tie down points, pickup-style tailgate, steel reinforced load guard and bed, glass-filled polymer sides, standard gas-assist for easier dumping. Converts to flat-bed in minutes.
- Exclusive Quick-Clamp rail-based attaching system enables adding attachments like gun-boots, tool racks, sidewall extensions and more in seconds.
- Cargo box has optional factory spray-in bedliner and power lift.
- Independent double-wishbone long-travel suspension is designed to offer a superior ride without squatting whether unloaded to or carrying max capacity.
- 1,000 lb. cargo box capacity, 1,500 lb. towing and 1,400 lb. payload capacity.
- Standard integrated 2-inch front and rear receiver hitches.
Confidence VS Terrain
- Select a completely turf friendly mode of operation, or press the switch and get on-demand 4-wheel drive for climbing the toughest trails. Rear differential can be locked so the rear drive wheels push together through tough spots.
- Independent double-wishbone long-travel suspension (8-inches in front and 9-inches to rear) ensure all four wheels stay on the ground working for you. 11-inch ground clearance helps prevent vehicle from getting high-centered.
- A solid core steel sway bar reduces body lean and employs an efficient double-ball drop-link for increased durability.
- Vehicle has one of the highest static stability factors in the industry thanks to a wide-stance, low-center of gravity and long wheelbase.
- Full-clutch enclosure provides greater access through water up to 22 inches high. Standard muffler is equipped with a spark arrestor.
- Standard Occupant Protection System (OPS) with a passenger-side hand-hold and 3-point seat belts is SAE and OSHA ROPS-certified.
Power VS Pretenders
- 23HP (17.0kw), 854cc, 3 cylinder, OHV, 4-cycle diesel engine.
- 32 mph top speed. Fastest and most powerful diesel UV in the industry.
- Two-range CVT transmission requires no shifting and delivers for superior efficiency from low-speed pulling to fast top speed.
Engineering VS The Real World
- Heavier-duty engine components, like an aluminum head, cast block with painted interior and crank and thrust bearings ensure long life.
- Hydroformed frame offers exceptional tolerance for twisting under heavy loads.
- Engineered ductile front cast-iron A-Arms balance strength and weight and are designed to withstand jackhammer trails.
- Full-steel skid plates guard underbody.
- Engineered plastic polymer body panels (JDLOY) can be painted and provides improved scratch and marring resistance/recoverability.
Engine and Electrical
- Type: 4-cycle diesel
- Cylinders: 3
- Valving: OHV
- Horsepower: 22.8 (17.0 kw)
- Displacement: 854 cc
- Maximum torque, ft.-lb. (Nm): 36.9 (50) @ 2400 rpm
- Iginition type: Compression ignition
- Lubrication: Full pressure
- Oil filter: Screw on filter
- RPM, idle (no load): 1050 +/- 25
- RPM, fast (no load): 3700 +/- 25
- Cooling system: Liquid
- Air cleaner: Dry, replaceable single element with remote intake
- Battery: 480CCA
- Alternator: 40 amp @ 3200 rpm regulated, 540 watts
- Headlights: Two 37.5 watt halogen
- Capacity, U.S. gal. (L): 5.3 (20.1)
- Consumption (half load at avg. speed), U.S. gal./hr. (L/h): 0.5 (1.89)
- Fuel pump type: Electric
- System Type: On-demand true four-wheel drive system
- Front Differential (Engagement): Auto-locking (On/off rocker switch)
- Rear Differential (Engagement): Positive locking, mechanically actuated (hand-operated)
- Type: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with fully enclosed clutch
- Drive belt: Spun top cog, 31 mm wide
- Ground speed, mph (km/h): 0-32 (0-51) Hi Forward, 0-15 (0-24) Lo Forward, 0-17 (0-27) Reverse
- Transaxle: Two speed, oil bath
- Gear Selection: Forward (hi-lo), Netural, Reverse
- Overall Reduction Ratio: Low: 86.8488:1
- Overall Reduction Ratio: High: 86.8488:1
- Overall Reduction Ratio: Reverse: 75.9333:1
- Brakes: Front/rear hydraulic disk
- Park brake: Hand-operated, sealed wet disk
- Bearings: Sealed, double-row ball
- Axle: 27 mm dia., forged CV-shaft with Double Offset Joint
Suspension and Steering
- Suspension, front: Fully Independent Dual A-Arm with adjustable coils
- Front Susp. Travel (total), in. (mm): 8 (203)
- Suspension, rear: Fully Independent Dual A-Arm with adjustable coils and sway bar
- Rear Susp. Travel (total), in. (mm): 9 (229)
- Steering: Rack and Pinion
- Turning radius, ft. (m): 12.4 (3.8)
- Front: Standard 2-in receiver
- Rear: Standard 2-in receiver
Occupant Protective System (OPS)
- Tubular overhead structure: 1.75 in (44.4 mm) steel tube
- Passenger grab handles: Front OPS post, front dash and on both sides of seat
- Seat belts: 3-point
- Certification: SAE J2194 and OSHA ROPS
Ground Pressure (max)
- With 200-lb. Operator Only, psi (kg/cm2): 14 (0.98)
- Fully Loaded Vehicle, psi (kg/cm2): 14 (0.98)
- Ground Clearance, in. (mm): 11 (267)
- Under Foot Platform, in. (mm): 12.25 (311)
- Length (w/out bumper), in. (mm): 119 (3021)
- Length (with bumper), in. (mm): 119 (3021)
- Width, in. (mm): 62 (1571)
- Front-tread Centers, in. (mm): 44.8 (1137)
- Rear-tread Centers, in. (mm): 47.9 (1216)
- Height (overall with OPS), in. (mm): 75 (1903)
- Wheelbase, in. (mm): 79 (2007)
- Weight (incl. fuel/fluids), lb. (kg): 1650 (748.42)
- Seating Capacity: 2
- Seat Type: Professional high back bucket, tilt forward
- Towing Capacity, lb. (kg): 1500 (680)
- Payload Capacity, lb. (kg): 1400 (635)
- Sound rating (at operator's ear), dB(A): 91.1
- Material: Polypropylene side panels and tailgate; steel floor and load guard
- Dimensions, in. (mm): 45L x 52W x 12D (1143L x 1320W x 304.8D)
- Volume, cu. ft. (m3): 16.4 (0.46)
- Weight, lb. (kg): 1000 (454)
- Dump: Manual with lift assist shock (factory installed power lift option)
- Tailgate: Hinged at bottom, removable
- Front: 26x9-12 Ancla M-T (Extreme Terrain); 25x9-12 Terrahawk AT (All Terrain)
- Rear: 26x11-12 Ancla M-T (Extreme Terrain); 25x11-12 Terrahawk AT (All Terrain)
- Ancla M-T (Extreme Terrain), Terrahawk AT (All Terrain), Maxxis BigHorn 2.0 Radials (Extreme Terrain) - Front: 27x9-14, Rear: 27x11-14
NOTES:Engine hp is provided by engine manufacturer for comparison purposes. Actual operating hp will be less.
- Engine Type
- 4-cycle diesel, 3 cylinder OHV
- 854 cc
- Compression ignition
- Front Suspension
- Fully Independent Dual A-Arm with adjustable coils
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disk
- Front Tire
- 26x9-12 Ancla M-T (Extreme Terrain); 25x9-12 Terrahawk AT (All Terrain)
- Rear Suspension
- Fully Independent Dual A-Arm with adjustable coils and sway bar
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disk
- Rear Tire
- 26x11-12 Ancla M-T (Extreme Terrain); 25x11-12 Terrahawk AT (All Terrain)
- Ground Clearance
- 11 in. (267mm)
- 79 in. (2007mm)
- Front Travel
- 8 in. (203mm)
- Rear Travel
- 9 in. (229mm)
- Box Capacity
- 1000 lb. (454 kg)
- Towing Capacity
- 1500 lbs. (680kg)
- Dry Weight
- 1650 lbs. (748kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal. (20.1L)
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with clutch enclosure
- Drive System
- On-demand true four-wheel