2012 John Deere Select Series X729 25.5 hp with 62X Deck
X729 CAB 001
Unlimited possibilities. Ultimate comfort.
Till the garden at the crack of dawn or dig in with four-wheel drive and load mulch. Re-do the front yard, the back yard or your neighbor's yard. Out of all the Select Series, the X729 does more work, all day, all year.
Every comfort and convenience is built-in, every point is reinforced, and every option, from a rear PTO to additional hydraulics, is on the table.
The X729 is the ultimate John Deere, drive one and you'll understand.
- Full-time 4WD; forward and reverse
- Improved maneuverability
- Color-coded instrumentation and controls
- Power: 25.5 hp (19 kW)
- Displacement: 45.5 cu. in. (745 cc)
- Cylinders: V-twin, cast-iron liners
- Type: EFI, OHV, oil filter
- Cooling Method: Liquid
- Alternator Capacity: 20 amp
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.2 U.S. gal. (19.7 L)
- Type: Full-time 4-wheel drive
- Control: Twin Touch pedals
- Cruise Control: Yes
- Oil Cooler: Yes
- Differential Lock: Yes
- Forward Speed: 0 to 8.5 mph (0 to 13.7 km/h)
- Reverse Speed: 0 to 6 mph (0 to 9.7 km/h)
- Frame: Fully welded
- Primer/Paint: E-coat/powder
- Weight Bracket: Yes, front
- Receiver Hitch: Yes, front
- Front Tires: 18x8.50-10
- Rear Tires: 26x12.00-12
- Front Axle: Cast iron
- Hood Material: Noryl - reduces sound, will not rust or dent, painted for scratch and scuff resistance
- Hourmeter: Yes
- Headlights: Two 37-W halogen bulbs
- Taillights: Yes
- Backup Lights: Yes
- Rear Work Lights: Yes
- 12 Volt Outlet: Yes
- Service Interval Decal: Yes
- Covered Toolbox: Yes
- Fender Handles: Yes
- Cupholder: Yes
- Type: Power
- Tilt Steering Wheel: Yes, 6 positions
- Turning Radius: 21 in.
- Spindle Bushings: Metal, replaceable
- Uncut Circle Radius: 6 in. (62X mower)
- Seat Back Height: 18 in. professional high-back
- Fore-aft Adjustment: 7 in. while seated
- Seat Suspension: Six-position
- Type: Two-function hydraulic
- Hydraulic Outlets: Four
- Mower Cut Height: 1-4.5 in.
- Cut Height Increments: 0.25 in.
- Preset Cut Height: Yes
- Mower Deck Material: 0.135 in.
- Mower Wheel Adjustment: Spring-loaded pin, 7-positions
- Mower Drive System: Hydraulic clutch, shaft
- Mower Wheels: Four
- Front Draft Arms: Overcenter
- Rear Draft Arms: V-align
- Drive Shaft: Spline align
- Drive Shaft Lock: Lock-back collar
- Mower Wheels Rotate: Yes, 90 degrees for easy mower removal
- Meets ANSI Standard: Yes
- Backup Protection: Reverse Implement Option (RIO)
- Safety Video: Yes
- Wheelbase: 55.7-in. (1415 mm)
- Overall Length: 75-in. (1905 mm)
- Width without mower: 48.0-in. (1219 mm)
- Width with mower: 64.5-in. (1638 mm) (54X)
- Width with mower (deflector raised for storage): 57.5-in. (1461 mm) (54X)
- Height: 51.2-in. (1300 mm)
- Weight: 1314 lb. (596 kg) with 62 in. mower, no fuel
- Hydraulic modulated PTO clutch for smooth mower and implement engagement
- One-piece hood for easy engine access
- 540 rpm rear PTO and 3-point hitch options available
- U.S. Warranty: 4 year/700 hour
- Mowers: 48X, 54X, 62X
- Material Collection System: 7, 14, 19 bu Power Flow
- Roller Striping Kit: 54X, 62X Mowers
- Mulching System: Yes
- Front Thatcher: 38, 46, 54 in.
- Front Blade: 54 in.
- Tractor Shovel: 54 in.
- Snow Blower: 47, 54 in.
- Rotary Broom: 52, 60 in.
- 3-Point Hitch: Category 1
- Rear PTO: 540 rpm
- Rotary Tiller: 42, 48 in.
- Box Scraper: 48 in.
- Cultivator: Adjustable 30-46 in.
- Disk: Adjustable 42-52 in.
- Plow: Adjustable 8-14 in.
- Rear Blade: 60 in.
- Landscape Rake: 60 in.
- Sprayer, Cat. 1: 45 gallon
- Generator: 10 Kilowatt
- Weather Protection: Hard or soft cab, weather enclosure
- Rear Receiver Hitch: 1.25 in. x 1.25 in.
- Tow-Behind Tools: 21
- Horse Power
- 25.5 hp (19 kW)
- Engine Type
- V-twin OHV EFI
- 45.5 cu. in. (745 cc)
- Full-time 4-wheel drive
- Wheel Size
- Front: 18x8.50-10; Rear: 26x12.00-12
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.2 gal. (19.7 L)
- Deck Size
- 62 in.